Candlewalk Tour of Homes.

The Candlewalk celebrated its 40th anniversary. The Candlewalk Tour of Homes is Save Old Cleburne's
annual fund raiser and  it is held the first Saturday in December.
Candlewalk is known as the oldest home tour in this area. The homes featured on the tour are of historical
value to the community. They are decked in the host family's cultural and traditional Christmas decor.
Tourists not only have the opportunity to share the Christmas spirit with SOC, they also share in creative
home decorating and renovation ideas featured in the homes.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support in our Candlewalk
Historic Home Tour and can't wait to see you this year.

Candlewalk Ticket Information
Advanced Ticket Sales $12.00 (through Dec.1 )
Adults $15.00 Day of Candlewalk
Advanced Ticket Sales  Children $8.00
Children $10.00 Day of Candlewalk
tickets available at:
  • Cleburne Chamber of Commerce-1511 W Henderson 817-645-2455
  • Layland Museum-201 N. Caddo 817-645-0940
  • Heritage Home- Vintage Inspired Living- 208 E Henderson 817-933-4836
We are just 45 minutes South of Downtown Fort Worth and 45
minutes West of Dallas. Please click map link below.
Enter starting street address:

City, State or Zipcode:
Candlewalk
Click here for more
Candlewalk o8
This year 2017
Bisbee-Chamber-Smith Home
415 N Anglin
This lovely Shingle style Victorian  home, built in 1895, is a
Candlewalk favorite.
Trey and Lesa Smith and Trey's mother, Bobbie bought the
home last year and have furnished it with their elegant
collections. The interior is filled with delights, most notably
the circular parlor with original Lincrusta and Anaglypta
ceiling s and walls, sheltered in a large Richardson Turret.
Expect a
traditional Victorian Christmas with a visit from Santa Claus
sometime during Candlewalk. At Dusk the house will go
candle-lit in keeping with the 1890's period.
Boyd - Palmer Home
506 W Wilson
Samuel T Shaw built this home for W.B. and Bettie
Carness in 1896, with the colorful posts, baulstrades and
spindles that are characteristic of the Eastlake Victorian
style. Three generations of William Boyd families lived in
the home from 1900-1978. Mark and Angela Palmer
bought the house in July of this year, along with the Shaw
Manor next door. Angela's fun filled take on Vintage
stylecan be seen throughout 506. There is a tree in every
room, a must for this holiday loving family.
Shaw Manor
510 W Wilson
The first floor is open as a work in progress. Callie & Samuel
T Shaw built this French Second Empire style home in 1895,
replacing the original Mansard roof and turrets with classical
columned porticos by 1918. Mark and Angela Palmer bought
the home this summer and have stripped it down to shiplap
and raw edges as they begin a full restoration. Angela's
creativity is already evidence: notice the glass display case
turned kitchen island. Bare rooms will be filled with vendors
of gifts and homemade treasures- plus meet a Texas author
Daniel Lance Wright.
Chase - Mckenzie Home's
1204 Prairie
San Antonio natives and Pennsylvania residents John &
Linda McKenzie wanted to move back to Texas, and
when they found this foursquare farmhouse, they knew
they had found the perfect new home and new city. The
home was built 1900- 1905  for F.W. Chase, president of
Cleburne Waterworks. The McKenzies have done most
of the restoration work themselves over the past 2 years,
salvaging and reusing materials where possible. Visit to
enjoy an early Farmhouse Christmas.

1009 N Anglin
This 1907 Victorian Farmhouse/Folk Victorian home
hides suprisingly large rooms behind a "doll house"
facade. Builder James Byrnes  and James Magner, who
lived here from 1921-72 with wife Maude, both worked for
the Santa Fe Railroad. Haley Woods bought the home 6
months ago armed with a family in the construction
business who have pitched in on the speedy restoration.
The huge pocket doors, fireplace inserts and floors are
original. Dont miss the many themed Christmas trees
throughout the home.
Long Home
5
18 College
The former parsonage was built in 1913 with numerous
bedrooms and large closets to accommodate visiting
ministers who would arrive on horseback. In 1969, Frank &
Milbra Long bought the home, their son Gifford and wife
Cathy now live there and have spent the padt 2 years
removing wall paneling and ceiling tile from every room,
exposing shiplap walls and ceilins. The beautiful windows
have as many as 49 tiny square panes, each meticulously
sanded and repainted by Gifford. A spacious den can hold
40 people and opens to the lush backyard.